Quality management system
CNR ISTEC obtained the Institutional Accreditation of industrial research laboratories in Emilia Romagna district and is part of the High Technology Network.
What is the Institutional Accreditation of industrial research laboratories in Emilia Romagna region?
This Institutional Accreditation (AI) is a assessment instrument provided by the region in order to ensure that administration and management of industrial research laboratories meet specified minimum standards. In particular, the AI guarantees to the external users:
- Professional services in terms of results, cost, delivery time, confidentiality protection and customer satisfaction;
- Ability to plan and implement tailored industrial research projects;
- Technical expertise on specific products and technologies;
- Conveniently equipped laboratories and suitable instrumentation.
ISTEC ORGANISATION CHART
Scientific instruments and equipments
Synthesis and processing of powders
Ball mill, vibrating mill, planetary mill, attrition mill, mixing rollers, ultrasonic milling, spray driers, freeze drier, mixer with 3D motion, rotary evaporator, vibration screening systems, ultrasonic probe dispersion equipment, electric heaters, atomiser .
Extruder, slip casting, pressure casting, low pressure injection molding, tape caster, linear hydraulic presses, cold isostatic press, extruder dyes.
Furnaces in air up to 1800°C, furnaces in vacuum or controlled atmosphere up to 2150°C., hot pressing in vacuum, tubular furnace for thermal treatments up to 1600°C in reducing atmosphere.
Microstructural, physical and chemical characterisation
Optical and stereo microscopes, scanning electron microscope (SEM) with energy dispersive spectrometer (EDS), X-ray diffractometers (high temperature device), plasma optical emission spectrometer (ICP-OES), particle size analysers, mercury porosimeter, specific surface area facility.
Heating microscope, simultaneous thermal analyzers, linear thermo-dilatometric analyzer.
Rheology and study of dispersed systems
Rheometer and viscometer systems, electroacoustic spectroscope, electrophoretic mobility measurement system.
Mechanical and tribological characterisation
Universal servo-mechanical testing machines for the measurement of flexural or compressive strength from room temperature up to 1500°C in air or controlled atmosphere, systems for the measurement of static fatigue up to 1500°C, fracture toughness, elastic constants, micro and macro-durometers, nano-indenter, tribometer (disk-on-pin configuration), facility for measurement of thermal impact resistance, contact stylus type instrument for the determination of surface roughness.
Impedance analyzer, high resistivity meter, polariser for piezoelectric materials.
Range of Services
ISTEC offers the following services to external users:
- Customised services
- namely commissioned or publicly funded research activity in partnership with other research centres.
- Terms of service: customer request, agreement on objectives and activity, signing of the contract, periodic billing.
- Terms of service: request for offer, offer, order, invoice.
- Standard services; the following standard services are quoted in the price list:
- instrument analysis
- laboratory test
- use of special equipment
- technical consultancies
- bibliographical surveys
- technical surveys
- Information and promotion services
- Organisation of events aimed to promote the research activity of ISTEC.
- Terms of service: free events , promoted by the event calendar on ISTEC website.